After joining the top I scraped it clean of the glue squeeze-out, then marked the center line, drew the guitar shape, and cut it out on the bandsaw, leaving about 1/4" overhang. Gave the side where the braces will be glued a good sanding to 320.
I put the back on the 30' dish in the go-bar deck and from the plans marked out the position of the braces, and put them in place for radiusing. Unlike the x-braces, which are symmetrical, the back braces run parallel to each other on different places on the dish. Therefore they will each be radiused a little different.
The bottom two braces are a pain because they are long and wide but not very high. It takes a lot of sanding to get the 30' radius on them, and there's not much to grip. I ended up sanding a jagged edge on one of my fingernails. But after some hard work, they are ready for gluing.
So that's what I did.
I woke up early this morning, so this was all done before going into the office. This evening the back braces will be dry and I'll be able to install the center reinforcing strip.
Forget Everything You Were Taught! Part 2 of “How I Read the Bible, and So Can You!” - In this series of posts I’m outlining the process I have developed in reading the Bible. Inherent in that, of course, is the need for a process. One can ...
1 day ago