Thursday, April 1, 2010

Guitar Disaster

I don't know what happened.

I've been keeping Clark's guitar in a spare case to protect it from damage. That's where it was last night, and it was downstairs, not in the garage, where it still gets chilly during the night.

So everything should have been all right.

I had a little time this morning so I thought I would go lightly sand off the little dust nubs that invariably are there after an application of any finish material. I want things really smooth in preparation for tomorrow afternoon's trip to the spray booth.

But when I went downstairs, something was terribly wrong. It was as if the guitar had just exploded in the case. The lid was wide open and the "guitar" was just laying there in pieces:


The only thing I can guess is that the change in weather and humidity affected it; maybe I should have put a humidifier in the case like everybody recommends. But I've never used one before and never had a problem.

I'm just so sick, I think I'll just go back to bed. But there's a guy I know who is a faith-healer, but not just any faith-healer, he's a faith-healer who also "repairs" guitars. I put that in quotes because I really think he just lays hands on them, maybe with a little anointing oil, and they just gets fixed. I've asked him about it and he always avoids answering me directly. But, I mean, I've been to his workshop and there are no guitar repair tools anywhere! Hmmm.

So maybe I can get him to come over and we can do a little service for the guitar.

Otherwise, I'll just have to start over.

Man. I sure hope tomorrow is a better day.

3 comments: