Monday, December 8, 2008

My Christmas Gift

Pam and I have some good friends, Laura and Paul Peeling, who live up in PA. Laura and I have known each other since 7th grade down in Rockville. I never had a sister, but if I did I imagine she'd be like Laura.

This year Laura and Paul emailed a Christmas letter to everyone on their Christmas list, and told them that the money that they saved on postage and Christmas cards they were going to give to Water For Christmas. They gave the URL to the WFC website and encouraged everybody to take a look Laura said that they have gotten a great response so far.

Sometimes the best presents are those that you didn't ask for, didn't expect, that take you completely by surprise. This was one of them.

Laura and Paul are good people. I wish that we didn't live so far away and live such busy lives that we couldn't get together more often than just once a year on our birthdays (Laura and I were born five days apart; she's older than me, and I remind her of that often to keep her in line.)

But friends like them are what make a person's life rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment